Forum Grant Donations
For more than 40 years, Forum Grants, in partnership with the Forum Gala, have contributed to monies raised for the scientists’ pilot study funds.
A pilot study, pilot project or pilot experiment is a small scale preliminary study conducted in order to evaluate feasibility, time, cost, adverse events, and effect size in an attempt to predict an appropriate sample size and improve upon the study design prior to performance of a full scale research project.
These grants are sometimes known as “seed grants” because they are relatively small but the ideas they power can grow to become huge in impact.
Over the last sixteen years, the fundraising efforts of the Forum have amounted to $3 million in pilot grant funding. This funding allowed researchers to apply for additional grant monies amounting to $60 million in subsequent awards… a 30-fold return!
Recent Forum Grants have:
- Led to a breakthrough identifying a promising anti-viral to treat Ebola infection Advanced a rapid screening technology for genetic interactions in psychiatric and neurological disorders
- Funded innovative ways to understand the genetics of heart disease, the number 1 cause of death in the U.S.
- Funded studies in drug resistance of a river-borne parasite that causes 117 million infections and 150,000 deaths annually
- Funded studies to cure and develop a vaccine for HIV infection
- Funded research to understand the in uence of the microbiome in obesity and diabetes
- Advanced brain imaging studies to show transplanted dopamine-producing neurons used to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Funded research to develop an animal model for Cystinosis, a rare, devastating genetic disorder
- Funded the search for predictive biomarkers for Osteoarthritis, which is the number 1 cause of disability
- Advanced development of a diagnostic for Ebola and Marburg viruses
Please consider supporting the Forum Grants efforts by making a donation today.
Forum Grant Contact
If you have any questions, please contact our Forum Grants Chair at Forum.GalaGrants@TxBioMed.org
Forum Grant Donation Levels and Benefits
(all Forum Grant donations are 100% tax deductible)
Leadership Pilot Circle: Recognizes donors who are Past Presidents, Past Gala Chairs and Past Gala Co-Chairs of the Texas Biomedical Forum.
- $10,000- Patron of the Forum: Recognition at the Forum Gala; Donor name & website link on the Forum website & social media; Donor name on the Forum Gala invitation & program; Private tour at the Texas Biomedical Institute; early preview of Gala event; and recognition in a press release.
- $5,000 – Benefactor of the Forum: Donor name & website link on the Forum website & social media; Donor name on the Forum Gala invitation & program; Private tour of the Texas Biomedical Research Institute; early preview of Gala event
- $1,000 – Supporter of the Forum: Donor name on the Forum website; Donor name on the Forum Gala invitation & program; early preview of Gala event
- $500 – Partner of the Forum: Donor name on the Forum Gala invitation & program
- $250 –Friend of the Forum: Donor name on the Forum Gala program.